Monday 26 July 2010

R.T's Hobo gym - England

Hello - here are some pictures of my home gym for you to post on your blog if you wish. I'd also like to say hi to my fans over at Power and Bulk.


The first item of workout equipment I got was an 18kg adjustable dumbbell set back in 2002. Since then I've acquired a lot more stuff, some of which is dismantled and packed away, waiting for a larger, indoor space. For now I have things arranged outdoors:



A fairly complete list of my stuff:







DBs



2 x 20kg



4 x 25kg



4 x 30kg



2 x 40kg



1 x 48kg



1 x 3-inch thick DB handle



6 other DB handles, various







Plates



About 500kg in total, max 160 available for the oly bar, the rest are standard plates







Bars



One 6ft oly bar



6 standard bars, various shapes and sizes







Storage/racks



DB rack to hold 20 DBs



Plate tree


Furniture



One flat bench, two adjustable benches



Wall-mounted power rack



Preacher-curl seat



Two wooden squat stands







Machines



100kg stack-loading preacher curl



vertical leg press







Other shit



home-made kettlebell, 25kg



60kg sandbag



HeavyGrips grippers, # 100 and 150



chin/dip belt



Several rocks and pieces of concrete



probably some other bits I've forgotten about 











Thanks,







R.T.



I have some more photos of this set up that I will post later in the week.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. how much weight wooden squat stands hold and it is strong enough ? i want to build one like those/
    thanks
    kash

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're terrible - don't bother. I meant to put some diagonal braces on them but never got around to it. In the end I cut them down and used the spare wood to do just that, and now I use them to hold the bar for benching.

    --RT

    ReplyDelete