Monday 12 July 2010

What is a Hobo Gym?

What is a Hobo Gym?

 I get asked that every time I tell people where I train.
The answer I give is the same - Its an awesome place to train!

My Hobo Gym is a very large garden shed that was built for me by my father in law and sits in my garden. It is actually 2 sheds joined together - not very well as it leaks when it rains. It is 15ft long and 7ft wide with the highest part of the ceiling at around 9 1/2 feet


In it I have enough kit to do any workout that I want -

Olympic bars and Plates
Squat stands
Dumbbells from 1kg up to 42.5kg
Sandbag and beer keg
Concept 2 rower
Plyo Box
Kettlebells - 8kg, 12kg, 16kg, 24kg and 32kg
Captain of Crush Grippers and Fat Handle for single hand deadlifts
Power Cage ( in the garden)
Tractor tire ( in garden too)



It is hot in the summer and cold in the winter, has one light inside



And you know what...I wont ever train in a normal gym again!

I am putting together a collection of different Hobo Gyms from around the U.K and also from over seas so if you have photos of yours send them to hobogym@googlemail.com and I will feature them on here.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment